West Baden Springs Hotel Museum

 After our trolley ride, we decided to explore the West Baden Springs Museum. I was looking for inspiration for my book, "Landscape of Valor, the Sinclair Legacy". 


This photo caught my attention immediately. I had seen this photo on Ancestry. Here was my husband's family. 



The museum's photo collection is amazing. 


Lee W. Sinclair’s daughter made numerous beautiful additions to the atrium, hotel, and grounds. They have been restored by the Cook Family for guests to enjoy today.


The hotel was destroyed by a fire during Lee Sinclair's ownership, but he rebuilt it bigger and better. 




Before we left the museum, I noticed this: the Sinclair Coat of Arms. I had heard that it existed, but I had never been able to find it. 


Our visit to the museum was a significant highlight of our stay.


My husband was able to learn more about his family, which provided me with valuable information for my book.  


If you ever visit French Lick, Indiana, make sure to spend an hour or so exploring this charming and well-regarded museum.


I’ll be back later with my final installment of our West Baden Springs Hotel trip.




 






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

West Baden Hotel Trip

Dead-tective Newsletter #4

The Mystery of the War Time Sweethearts