Dead-tective Newsletter #2


I’m passionate about researching Civil War soldiers. While writing my book, “Landscape of Valor: The Sinclair Legacy,” I stumbled upon a soldier named Henry Terry Sinclair (St. Clair) who served in the Virginia 10th Heavy Artillery Battalion.


The story I uncovered was about a man who was wounded in battle, returned to fight again, and then became a prisoner of war just before the surrender at Appomattox Court House.


Remarkably, he survived the same prison camp I wrote about in my case study last month. It’s a heartwarming twist on how the story concludes.


Hint: He eventually returned home to be with his family.


If you’re interested in receiving my “Dead-tective” series by email, simply leave a comment below, and I’ll add you to my mailing list. 


The photo is from: Ruins in Richmond, Virginia. n.d. National Archives Catalog. https://catalog.archives.gov/id/525107. Accessed on May 10, 2026.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

West Baden Hotel Trip

Dead-tective Newsletter #4

The Mystery of the War Time Sweethearts